This open version of our Safe at Home Awareness course will be held in 2 half day sessions on Zoom. Please note both half day sessions are mandatory to complete the training:
Monday 22nd March 13:30 - 16:30
Monday 29th March 13:30 - 16:30
This course is suitable for anyone working in housing who may come into contact with a survivor of domestic abuse, from Call Centre Operatives to Housing Officers and Domestic Abuse Champions.
There are 12 places available for this session.
By the end of this training learners will:
- Be able to describe what domestic abuse is and the dynamics;
- Have a better understanding of the abusive tactics’ perpetrators use;
- Be able to describe the key signs of domestic abuse;
- Have more knowledge about the way domestic abuse impacts on survivors; and
- Have a basic understanding of what a helpful response to domestic abuse is.
These costs are per person and are based on the type of organisation you work at:
- £80 if you work for a Local Authority or housing provider with under 500 properties
- £115 if you work for for Housing Association with over 500 properties
- Following the session we will send learners a document containing further reading, watching and listening if they wish to explore the topics of domestic abuse and housing in more depth.
- We can arrange individual debrief calls to support wellbeing if it is requested by any of the learners.